One of our objectives is effective advocacy. We make submissions on local and central government plans and strategies, referencing our work in the community, research we have done and our vision and mission.
In 2013 we submitted or contributed on:
- The DCC Annual Plan 2013-2014;
- The Dunedin Energy Plan;
- The DCC Transport Strategy;
- The Second Generation District Plan;
- Activity Classifications under the EEZ Act to the Ministry for the Environment (specifically about oil and gas drilling);
- The 2014 Petroleum Block Offer (Oil & Gas Exploration) to the DCC;
- The Dunedin Cycle Lane Safety Improvements Project to the NZ Transport Agency.